Thursday, July 10, 2008

4th of July








Our 4th of July was pretty uneventful, but it was nice to spend time together. Chad had the day off, which he spent almost all day painting the bathroom. I kept the kiddies busy, Lucy ran through the sprinklers for a little bit, and I held Kate most of the day (she was a little unhappy about the heat!)
I really wanted to go see the fireworks in Arvada, but we drove down by there to get some lunch, and it looked like a zoo! Luckily we could still see them from our house, so Chad and Lu sat on top of his car, Kate and I on the side, and enjoyed the fireworks our own way...minus the hoards of people! Lucy's been asking about the "yights" and running to the door to see them every night this week.


2 comments:

Jennie said...

Ah I remember the good ol days watching the fireworks together in Arvada, when we could just walk to them from my house. In fact I think that was the first time I met Chad years ago....

Hannah S said...

Great pics...ya I miss the Arvada works too. We watched them from a distance too in Mt P, we didn't have the vibrating of the sounds but it was still fun to see and be comfortable, like you experienced.